WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, July 14, 2023

I Will Start Playing Contract Bridge Here at THD



One of the requirements in my search for an Independent Living facility is that I want to play bridge again with live players after several decades of not playing. (I have been  playing bridge On-line every now and then). So I feel my bridge skills need to be activated. Thus, yesterday  I was able to officially talk to Lee Cruise ( Bridge Guru here at THD) about playing bridge again. After A HIATUS of several decades of not playing bridge in person ( both  contract and duplicate), yesterday refresher course made me feel I am ready to play again with actual people instead of robots.  Lee wanted my phone so she can call me if they need a substitute during their Intermediate/Advance Level group on Monday and Wednesday.  Lee informed me I am needed on Monday and will be on Call on the Wednesday Group.  I have not been invited to the Friday Advanced Group. Here's a background of my Bridge Playing Years.

Macrine (my late spouse) and I have been playing duplicate bridge when we were residents of Pinole, CA( 1974-1990). We also played contract Bridge ( Party) at the Sportsmen of Stanislaus County ( SOS) during our Modesto, California years ( 1969-1974)( see photos above). Macrine and I had accumulated 99 Junior Master Points as Duplicate Bridge Players.  

Bridge is my Favorite Card Game but Asian Mahjong is my Favorite Tile Game. For details on this subject read the following links.   

https://discover.hubpages.com/games-hobbies/bridge-is-my-card-game

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2017/11/i-started-playing-duplicate-bridge-on.html

Meanwhile, we need more THD players to sign in for Asian Mahjong. Keep Smiling and Exudes Positive Vibes!! 

On another Subject: Hopefully the thermostat control system in the Newton Restaurant and in the Hallways can be set in a more comfortable setting. Currently, The Halls and Dining Areas are always cold and I felt I am residing in Siberia every now and then. My Personal Solution: Do not forget to bring a sweater or jacket during meal times. 

 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...