WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

My Observations of My Co-Residents and Staff of THD

The July 4th Celebration is over. Time for normal activities and life here at THD. This blog is about my observations on the behaviour of some of my co-residents and employees of this Facility- my new home since last June 1. Is it true that "HOME IS NOT A PLACE BUT IN THE HEART"?
The Book on the Left is My Autobiography and the one in the right is my son's book on his life in UC Berkeley in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Dodie's book is available at Amazon, mine is not. This week will be my 6th week here at THD. I have learned A FEW NAMES of my coresidents. Out of the 110 residents I know the names of at least 30. I have interacted with the Staff in the Front Desk, THD management, The Newton's staff ( Servers, Cooks and their Assistants) as well as the cleaning ladies of my apartment, Norma -the head of the Cleaning Ladies, and Cathy-the Retired Hair Dresser. I have interacted with a maintenance person but not yet with the landscaping crew and manager. 

I have observed 3 types of personalities in this Facility. Most are positive in their views of life. A few were neutral and I encountered one with a negative view and sort of unfriendly personality. However, majority of the residents and employees here at THD are friendly and I felt very much welcome. Some of our conversations during meal times besides our personal life and why we decided to rent here at THD are sometimes philosophical and educational. We talked about books, movies and TV shows we have seen. 

I have met 3 residents who have written their life memories and autobiographies, so I am not alone in this endeavor ( see photo above). I have meet one former co-worker and one who is the spouse of a deceased coworker. I have meet two residents who have lived and worked in the Philippines. Most of the residents or their deceased spouses had successful previous professional lives or business. Most of all, 99% of the residents I have interacted are friendly. The reason why I am posting this is the fact that one sour grape/or rotten tomato may be able to ruin the whole basket if one is not careful. 

However, I made sure I will not interact with this person with a negative view of life. I have also a feeling that this person is a racist. There are more of the positive people whose vibes and personlity makes my life here at THD PLEASANT AND MEMORABLE. These are the three of my coresidents who have positive vibes, Steve, Dean and Marsha
So Long for now and talk to you in my next blog! To the Newtons Servers- Keep up with your Good work and Positive Vibes: All the Residents really appreciate your service especially me.

Lastly, Remember : "The day you really live is the day you have touch the lives of others." or "You have really lived if you have touched the life of others". 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...