WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Meal Times Conversations Here at THD-Ignorance or Hint of Racism?-Part 5

Citizenship Party, Modesto, California, 1972 ( Published in the Modesto Bee).

Last week during one of the scheduled activities that I have been participating, someone mentioned that I have no right to call myself Filipino-American, because I was born in the Philippines. I told her I become a US citizen in 1972 and had worked for the Federal Government( FDA) for 12 years. I dedicated my 12 years of my professional career to the American people insuring that good quality, effective and safe anti-infective drugs are marketed.  She did not say anything, but her comment that I should not call myself an American because I was not born here in the United States UPSETS ME.   Another lady mentioned that once you become a US citizen you are entitled to be called an American no matter what your ancestral roots are.

 Do you agree?   

Anyway this incident reminded me that there are still a few people that are either ignorant or just plain racists. 

This incident also reminds me that it is time again to repost an article of my citizenship and my 12 years of service to the American People via my employment with the Food and Drug Administration in Silver Spring, Maryland from 1990-2002.  Here are the links:

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2014/06/autobiography-update-chapter-9-life-in.html

https://discover.hubpages.com/education/the-day-the-world-trembled

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2021/08/my-awards-honors-and-scientific.html

If you have read the links above, I would think you will agree I have all the rights to call myself A Filipino- American.  Incidentally I have a dual Filipino and American citizenship. 

Remember to Keep Smiling: It can prolong your stay here at THD.





  

1 comment:

Dean Elias said...

The irony is that the Europeans who invaded North America massacred the natives living here. We whites are the beneficiaries of this brutal history. Some of the conversations to which you refer may embody, if in subtle forms, this horrendous history. It's our responsibility to embody a fully integrative process.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...