WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Meal Times Conversations Here at THD-Volunteers-Part 4

There are 2 residents here at THD that I admired. First is a gentleman of my age who devotes some of his free time to the Meals on Wheel Program every Thursday. His actions reminds me of my own voluntary work during my younger years. During one of our breakfast conversations, we talk about volunteer work. I told the group of the Medical Missions in Marinduque, Philippines that I have participated/organized. Besides the medical missions, I also told them of my donations of time, money and knowledge to my Island of Birth.  Here are the links and postings from my blogs:

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2016/06/my-involvement-with-medical-missions-in.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2020/05/it-is-better-to-give-than-to-receive.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2022/10/my-donation-to-upv-library-fund-to.html

The other resident I admired is a gentleman in my exercise class. Inspite of his hand tremors, he tries to perform all the exercises to the best of his ability. Moreover as far as I know he is always on time and faithful to the Exercise Activities here at THD.  I know he has Parkinson-A disease I am familiar with. My late spouse (Macrine) had Parkinson for 7 years and I took care of her as she deteriorates with the help of home care aides. Hopefully a cure of this malady will be discovered in the near future.  Here's my previous postings on PD.

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2018/09/latest-news-on-treatment-of-parkinsons.html

4 comments:

David B Katague said...

Thank You, Anonymous! Comments will inspire me not to stop blogging!

Dean Elias said...

Your blog is a useful complement to our social life here at THD: thank you, David. . . Dean

Dean Elias said...

Thanks, David: your blog is a rich complement to our spontaneous mealtime conversations. . . Dean

Anonymous said...

Meals on wheels volunteers remind me of my dad who volunteered to deliver food to those in need during his seventies. Sometimes he had to deliver food to customers who were much younger than him. He found happiness and purpose doing volunteer work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...