WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, July 24, 2023

Know Your Fellow Residents Here at THD-Dean Elias- Part 1

 This is Part 1 of my new series in my blog-Know your Fellow Residents Here at THD. 

Today's posting features Dean Elias- one of the first co-residents I've met during my first 2 days here at THD.   This was my on-line interview with Dean. I hope after reading his short bio you know what made him tick and why he is a very positive person and fun to be with during meal times.   

"I was born in Seattle in 1934, raised on Mercer Island (in the lake that borders Seattle), to HS in Seattle, whence I fled East to Cornell University (thanks to a Rockefeller fellowship), thence to Harvard, and on. . . ultimately earning a doctorate at Columbia.

I got married to father my son Kirk (now a track coach at UN Reno), and created a family ultimately with four children (yup, 4) -- my youngest Uma a professional singer whose home is in Melbourne, Australia, who will perform at THD in late October.  My older daughter Beth and partner Dan live in a lovely 50 acre plot of wild land in north central WI, my younger son Erik is now situated in Santa Cruz, whence he and wife Robin live in a lovely home with a view of (guess what?)
 
My first professional role was with The War on Poverty: I "organized" modestly incomed communities largely in the South to enable them to advocate for themselves with the powers that be, then migrated to higher education (my last role was as a professor at Saint Mary's College in Moraga).  My first role at SMC was Dean of The School of Extended Education -- organizing residents in communities around the Bay Area to receive a BA education focused on advocacy for the residents with "the powers that be". . .
 
While engaged in higher education, I went "on the road" -- to China, guided by my Chinese friend Yongming Tang (who'll visit me at THD this Fall), where I walked (a small portion of) The Great Wall; to India, to immerse in a classical spiritual community; to Italy with my kids, to indulge in the culture, explore the countryside, eat and drink the fabulous Italian cuisine.  Soon, I hope to be off to visit my 4 kids while I am sufficiently mobile -- from a politically red region of WI, to Reno, to Santa Cruz, to Melbourne, Australia (there'll be more stories to tell).

So, why did I choose THD for my residence?  When I decided that it was time to seek a senior living community, I decided to be a careful shopper, and visited a dozen options around the Bay Area -- from San Jose, to Oakland, to Lafayette, to Pleasant Hill, to Walnut Creek, and on. THD was in the middle in terms of cost, and simply felt more familial -- I later discovered that it is the only one I visited that is family-owned, not corporate-owned, and Jenny was a delightfully warm and helpful greeter.  The decision was an easy one". 

Visit Dean LinkedIn site for additional information. 


Personal Note: I have a similar "modus operandi"/experience in my search for a senior living facility. Location was important, but the amenity that clinched the deal for me was the 8'x8'x34' patio for my 2 cats Batman & Robin. After Jenny S. showed Dodie ( my oldest son) and I the patio/apartment, tears of joy exudes from my face indicating that my search for a new home has finally ended.  So far I am very happy with my past 2 months residency here at THD.  
My 2 Faithful Apartment mates- B & R- two neutered males- short-haired American Domestic breed cats.  



Surprise of the WeeK: The stigmatized jello is one of the offerings at yesterday Champagne Brunch here at THD. Thank you THD Management for listening to some minor suggestions from your clients. If you read my blogs you will remember that a few residents and I have discussed jello during our conversations while cooling off when Black Outs was occurring in the Fairmount and Liberty Buildings last week.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ignorance is not racism, someone who does not know that everyone in America came from another place, Africa, India, Europe, Asia etc and risks life and limb to colonize and then defend their Nation, is simply uneducated. God Bless Us All Erik

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...