WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, July 24, 2023

New Observations of My Life Here at THD

Spanish is the Language in the THD Underworld ( Garage), Kitchen, Restaurant and Hallways.  The garage and Kitchen areas and hallways are good places to practice your Spanish. I would guess that 99% of the employees ( Maintenance, landscaping, Cleaning and Kitchen Crews are Spanish Speaking). These are the places that my conversational Spanish knowledge can be improved. 

If you are new to THD, the garage underground the Buildings ( Heritage, Plaza, Fairmount and Liberty) is big and confusing. My first day here at THD, I got lost returning from Newton Restaurant to the Fairmount Building . I forgot to turn Left and went to the garage entrance of the Liberty Building. Since I do not drive, I have not really explored the whole underground Garage. All I know is that near the Garage Exit, is the Cinema.  From my Building to Newton ( for meals, the best way if you have a walker is the Garage, since there are no steps to maneuver). 

If you have no mobility problems and the weather is perfect and if want to see the landscaping in the Court Yard and Fresh Air, I discover 3 ways from my building ( Fairmount) to the Lobby and Newton at the main Heritage Building. Here are the 3 Ways: From Fairmount-Exit from the Gym to the Courtyard then via Yoga Room though the Heritage Hallway and Elevator from First Floor to Garage. The second way is via the Library to the Plaza First Floor and Elevator to Garage. This will lead you directly to the  Entrance of Newton. The last way with nine steps is directly from the courtyard to the Side Door of the main Lobby. This is not recommended if you used a cane or if you have mobility problems. 

The Heritage Building is the biggest building with 4 floors and more than 50 % of the residents claim it as their home. The Plaza is also attached to Newton, so the residents do not have to got out or used the garage for meals.   

Summary: If you have mobility problems: The Heritage or the Plaza are the Buildings for You. 

New Observations: I have breakfast with a new resident couple who moved here last week. I asked them if they are happy and they said: Our daughter commented that she felt that we are in a cruise, since they provide us 3 meals a day and a lot of entertainment and activities. That was my also my first comment when I moved here last June 1.    

I was informed by Karen, Activity Director that a Special Welcome for Newcomers including Me to meet the THD Staff is planned next month. Looking forward to that event.   Here are the highlights of our Activity Schedule for July 24 to the 30th.

For those of us who longer drive, the Sunday Driving Adventure will be our opportunity to get out of our gilded cage. I have signed for the Driving Adventure to Tilden Park this Sunday. Ralph- the Filipino-American who works on the Front Desk on weekends will be our driver, I was told. Here's my Blogger Profile:

https://www.blogger.com/profile/09798269891967237168

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good opportunity for you to explore and know the place thal would be enjoyable but be sure to be safe alwasys...Enjoy for that great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...