WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Know Your Fellow Residents- Jean Peckham Kavale-Part 3

Here's Part 3 of My Blog Series on Knowing your Fellow residents here at THD. This posting features Jean Kavale and her Philippine connection. If you have been reading my blogs, you already know I was born in the Philippines(1934), completed my Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry( 1964) at the University of Illinois in Chicago and became a US citizen in 1972.  My Family and I have resided in The State of California(Modesto, Pinole and Fair Oaks), as well as in Missouri ( Kansas City), Maryland ( Silver Spring) and Illinois ( Chicago) since 1959. 

I have every right then to call my self a Filipino-American. As they say in Spanish: Yo soy Filipino-Americano. I believe Jean is the only resident here at THD with Philippine connections besides myself.  


Here's some information from Jean's Linked-In Site:

Jean Peckham Kavale is the author of "From the Potomac to the Seine: The Personal Story of an Army Family" and "Faith and Philosophy: A Study of Their Interrelationship."

The author of three books, Jean Peckham Kavale had more than fifteen years of experience as an editor in Silicon Valley, including Senior Editor with PDR Information Services and Contract Editor for Fortune 500 companies, including ROLM, IBM, and GE. She holds a bachelor's degree in English from the University of Maryland at College Park, a teaching credential from San Jose State University, and a master's degree in pastoral theology from the University of San Francisco.

Here's an excerpt from the Herald that I am reprinting with Jean's permission on her Philippine connections.  Reading her article in the Herald-(THD MonthlyNewsletter)  gave me nostalgia of my 25 years of my life in the Philippines.

" My husband Bob and I lived in the Philippines for two years (1996-1997). After Bob's retirement at DSC Corporation in Santa Clara, he decided to become a consultant. He was pleased when Mercury Drug Corporation offered him a job to modernize its Manila warehouse.

In Manila we lived on the 28th floor of our apartment building with a great view of the city and its bay. On clear days, we could see Corregidor in the distance. During a tour of that island we were impressed by the Statue of General MacArthur, whose headquarters had been in that island during the Japanese-American War in the Philippines. 

Filipinos served honorably alongside American troops during World War 11. In 1944 Allied forces liberated the Philippines from Japanese control. Two years later the US and the Philippines signed a treaty that ended American domination of that tropical Island. The Philippine Independence was granted on July 4th, 1946."  

Here's my related postings on my Childhood Experiences During the Japanese-American War in the Philippines.  This is my award-winning essay for creative writing. 

https://discover.hubpages.com/literature/my-childhood-memories-of-world-war-2

Meanwhile, Be Positive, Keep Smiling-It will Prolong Your Stay Here at THD.

Personal Note: My favorite dish of the week is Poached Salmon and Shrimp Cocktail Salad. My favorite dessert is Apple Pie a la Mode. My favorite soup is Lentil. It reminds me of one of my favorite Filipino dish -Ginisang Mongo with Baboy(pork).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice narrative of the hostorical event of your friend who at the same time a resident at THD..VERY MUCH IMPRESSED AND APPRECIATED
MY BEST REGARDS TO YOU
AND YOUR FRIENDS
CONT' blogging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...