WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, August 7, 2023

Meal Time Conversations Here at THD-Grand Children and Great Grand Children

My 3 Living Children- Dodie, Dinah and Ditas. My 4 Grand Children Philip, Alix, Marina and Carenna. Not in this photo are my two other grand children Ian King and Elaine King Joseph. Photo Taken 12/20/22 on my 88th Birthday, Fair Oaks, California

The other day, I had dinner conversation with a retired chemical engineer( JM) regarding grand children and great grand children. JM showed us a photo his 2 year old great grand child in his cell phone. He told our dinner table his great grand child ( boy) calls him GG ( short for great grand Pa).  A little bit of pangs of jealousy stirred into my body.  I told the group I do not have  GG children yet, but expecting soon as 2 of my grand children are already married. Another grand daughter will be married next month in Berkeley, CA.   

When we talked about our children, I am reminded of the quote " You loved your grandchildren more than your children because your children are your investments but your grand children are already your profits". So what will be your great grand Children be in this context?  I would say your extra dividends.

My Six Grand Children- (L to R) Carenna, Elaine, Ian, Philip, Alix and Marina- Photo Taken 0n 12/20/2014 during my 80th Birthday Celebration, Fair Oaks, California  

Our conversations also touched a little bit on the subject of Genealogy. I told the group I have traced my ancestral roots 4-5 generations in both side of my Father's (K(C)atague ) side as well as my mother's side ( Balleza) of the Family. Here are my postings on this subject. 

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2021/07/my-kcatague-ancestry-on-my-fathers-side.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2021/07/my-balleza-ancestry-on-my-mothers-side.html

Here's another post on my relatives published in 2014.

http://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/2014/12/some-of-my-good-looking-relatives-from.html

Here's my Quote for Today:  "All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to do"- By Norman Vincent Peale, 1898-1993, American Writer and Minister. 


1 comment:

Dean Elias said...

Thanks for your candid comments, David.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...