WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Life Here at THD- Dining Outside (the Newton's Patio)

Last night Susie Bramson and I dined outside (the Patio of Newton's Restaurant)- a coveted place if the weather is perfect. Last night it was perfect weather wise and Susie ( my Hong Kong Mahjong buddy) and I were lucky and fast to claim one of the 3 tables in the Restaurant Patio. I have always wanted to dine outside, but since I do not have a permanent meal time partner, I am delegated to eat inside the restaurant since my move here last June 1.   Susie and I have a pleasant quiet dinner talking about our grand children and Mahjong(see photo above) as well as our new life here in THD. Susie is also a new resident like me, and both of us are adjusting very well to the community daily activities.

My personal highlights from the menu this week are Steelhead Trout with Lemon Caper Sauce for the Main Entree, Tomato Basil soup and mango ice cream for dessert. This week there will be a special New Residents Gathering today at 1:30PM. I heard there are 8 new residents from June to the Present including myself. 

This week Happy Hour and Dinner will be a Hawaiian  Luau. I previously posted the Luau menu but I am posting it again today. This is a perfect time to wear one of my many Hawaiian Shirts for this Special Occassion. Ladies this is the time to show your beautiful mu mu (s). I hope the weather will cooperate since it will be in the Garden Courtyard.

My Quote for Today:  He who does not live in some degree for others, hardly lives for himself-Michel de Montaigne- 1533-1592, French Essayist

   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...