WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

My Life Here at THD- Free Shakespeare Shows in the Park-Hamlet

Last Sunday, Daughter Dinah pick me up from my gilded cage ( apartment) to attend a Free in the Park Shakespeare Hamlet Presentation by the Vallejo Shakespeare org. It was held in Susana Park, Martinez with temperatures in the high 90's. Luckily there was shade under the huge oak trees in the Park.

My oldest son, Dodie, acted as Polonius/Priest/Sailor in this 3-hour  Shakespeare Play by the Vallejo   Shakespeare organization.  If you have been following my blogs you probably already knew that Dodie retired from his job as prosecuting attorney for Contra Costa County a couple of years ago. Acting is one of Dodie's  favorite activity during his retiring years. This was his second season with the Vallejo Shakespeare. He previously performed as the Boatswain in the Tempest. Since his retirement, his other acting roles include Bob Crotchet in (Not) A Christmas Carol, Evan in SWEAT,  Jim Bono in FENCES, and the Executioner in the Death of Triboulet.  Between acting gigs, Dodie and his wife, Ruth Carver travel the world.  The following are some of the photos in the 3 Hr Presentation.






Two more free presentations are scheduled for Aug 12 and 13 in Oakland and Piedmont respectively. 

On August 18 and 19, two fund raiser shows ( $25) are scheduled at Vino Godfather Winery in Vallejo at 7PM.  If you like Shakespeare this is a must attend show.  

Meanwhile here's my quote for the Day:  If there were nothing wrong in the world, there wouldn't be anything for us to do. George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950, Irish Dramatist, Essayist and Critic. 

      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Entertaining, interesting love it
very much like to play Shakespearean while in college days in san agustin university..where your younger
brother Efren I met in the campus.
His word told me and said, Ed, birabirahe gid tuon...I was also shcholar of usa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...