WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

My Life Here at THD- Dinner Menu for the Week of August 14 to 19, 2023

 If you are reading/following my blogs, you probably know that I have effusive praises for the Food Here at THD.

But this week menu really attracted my attention since it has listed several of my favorite salad, dishes and desserts.  Last night, I had the Jicama Salad with Diced Mango with Romaine lettuce, red onions, bell peppers, cucumber and served with cilantro honey lime dressing.  It was an excellent salad. The jicama and mango combination is perfect.        

In the Entrees, Shrimp Scampi, Curried Lamb Stew and Chicken Parmesan are three of my Favorite American dishes.  The 2 vegetarian dishes I also loved especially the Pasta all Norma ( roasted Chinese eggplant). I plan ordering the Loaded Baked Potato also this week.    

In the dessert, the shortcake with Berries and whipped cream as well as the root beer float are 2 of my favorites. Unluckily, they kitchen run out of the short cake dessert, when it was my turn to order. 

On the other hand even good things could be boring if it's the same week after week. Thus I have suggested to THD management that once a month ( if their food budget allows) to feature an International dish.  My first suggestion was to feature a Filipino Dish.  I asked Agustin Gutierrez our Kitchen Chef and Guru if he knows how to cook Filipino dishes. His response was a resounding YES, being married to a PINAY.   My suggestion is under study and consideration by THD management.  

I even volunteered to be a consultant if Pinoy Dishes will be featured since I have been experimenting and creating new recipes with the Filipino taste buds in mind. For my Filipino and American favorite Recipes read this link:

https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/5945785151073188166?hl=en

Two Dishes Suited Only to The Taste Buds of a Full-Blooded Filipino- Dinuguan( Pork Blood Pudding) and Fried Fish served with Steamed Rice. I cooked the two dishes last April before my move to THD.
https://myfavoritepinoydishes.blogspot.com/2022/08/travel-with-me-along-my-food-adventures.html

Meanwhile Here's My Quote for the Day: There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle- Albert Einstein, 1879-1955, German-Born American Physicist 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feeding your mostly white residents Pinoy food would be a tall order. They may have pre conceived concerns on Filipino food and shy away from trying them. If they try and find out it’s good and delicious, then you may have achieved your goal of having Pinoy food in your dining room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...