WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, August 19, 2023

My Life Here at THD-Zumba and Dancing the Tango

Macrine (RIP) and I Dancing the Tango- Washington DC, 1999

Every Saturday Afternoon at 1PM, Sabrina Monahan come to THD to lead us seniors for the  Zumba Dancing/Exercises. The Zumba Exercises reminds me of my younger/dancing years-The Tango, Cha Cha and the Rumba.

I enjoyed this activity very much and made Sabrina Monahan one of my FaceBook Friends. One day I asked Sabrina if she know how to dance the Tango. Her answer was negative. I realized then that the Tango was popular during my generation not with the current generation.  My generation will never forget the Tango Scene from the movie, Scent of a Woman.

Here are two of my postings on my Tango Dancing, starting when I was a teenager learning the dance from my Father and to teaching the dance to my 2 daughters the Dance of My Generation.  

Macrine (RIP) and I Dancing the Rumba-Medical Mission Dinner Night- Marinduque, Philippines, 2011

Here are my postings on Dancing the Tango and Tango Music.

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2015/06/you-dont-have-to-be-young-and-skinny-to.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2020/12/celebration-of-life-macrine-j-katague_7.html

Here's My Quote for Today: Happiness arises in the first place from the enjoyment of one's self, and, in the next, from friendship and conversations with a few select companions.  Joseph Addison, 1672-1719, English Essayist

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great memory, I shed tears as I look at the two of you holding hands and dancing each other to one of my favorites dances. Dave, sorry for your loss, Memories are the best thing that ever happened to you when you were dancing together with your beautiful wife who loves ❤ you very much..

Anonymous said...

Dancing is a good exercise. It is a fun activity dancing with your wife. It’s good to know you loved dancing with her while it lasted. The sound of those dance music would definitely bring back good memories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...