WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Thursday, August 17, 2023

My Life Here at THD- I Saw a Miki Here at THD Last Week

One of the cutest dog I have ever seen!!!
Last week on my way to Fairmount from the Newton's via the Garage, I saw a middle-aged man with the cutest dog I ever seen. I asked the guy if he lives at THD and he said he is just visiting his parents. I ask him what breed is the dog. He said it is a Miki.  

Yesterday I saw the man again parking in the Garage but no dog. I asked where the dog is and he said the dog is owned by his brother.

The dog was so cute so it aroused my interest and here what I learned about the breed.

Originally bred in the 1980s, the Mi-Ki was developed from a mixture of Papillion, Maltese, Shih Tzu, Yorkshire Terrier, and Japanese Chin. Borrowing from these ancestors, the small-statured Mi-Ki has a long, silky, single coat grown to a natural length. 

The Mi-Ki is a small dog breed originating from Wisconsin USA back in the 1980s bred from Mikki Macking. This dog breed is quite rare and relatively at a small size, about 11 inches, weighing around 10 pounds on average. Mi-Ki has a lifespan of 13 to 15 years. This is the dog breed for cat lovers. The puppies cost between $1500 to $3500.

Mi-Kis are adaptable and sweet-natured dogs that are friendly and playful. The breed also has some cat-like characteristics and can be independent and quiet. Though they may let out an occasional warning bark, the Mi-Ki is not yappy. These dogs take their job as adorable companions seriously.

 For Details:

 https://wagwalking.com/breed/mi-ki

My Quote of the Day: Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. Judy Garland, 1922-1969, American Singer and Actress


Personal Note: There are a few residents here with small dogs but only 2 residents that I know of that have 2 cats as pets.  THD is a Pet Friendly Facility, since no extra deposit or rent is added to have small pets in your apartment unit. As of today there are 102 residents in this 146 Apartment Units in the 4-buildings in the THD Compound.  There are 11 couples and 23 men. The rest are women ranging in ages in the mid-60's to 103 years old.  A few have walkers and canes, but most are active seniors, enjoying their senior years.  Numerous activities to exercise the mind and the body are available Free to all Residents.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...