WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, August 11, 2023

My Life here at the THD-Orientation for New Residents

 

A Personalized Orientation Gift from THD Management- Thank You, Karen and THD Staff

Yesterday afternoon, eight new Residents were officially oriented, meeting formally and in person, Barbara Simpson, Executive Director, Lisa Bellini- Resident Relations/ Leasing Assistant/Move In & Out Coordinator, Karen Koop, Activities Coordinator and Joseph Woo, Activities Assistant.   Later Kitchen Chief Augustin Gutierrez was also introduced. Jenny Shively Leasing/Marketing Director was absent, but she sent a letter of welcome to the group.  

The Newcomers besides me are: Maureen Bell (925-381-7679) H121,  Susan Bramson (209-606-9039) P308,  Earl & Arlene Goetze (408-355-5814) P216,  Cosette Mitchel (925-330-1620) H123,  and  Phil & Sally Paris (925-708-3357).  Arlene did not attend, she was under the weather, 

We were oriented about the coming activities, emergency preparedness class and the several amenities available to the residents. We were given a list of the THD Staff and were informed that any questions or suggestions we have will be taken into consideration by THD management. There is a plan for Covid and Flu vaccines for the residents this Fall. 

 There was mentioned of the Greeters Program on a Voluntary basis- a much needed service for the new residents during their first couple of days so they don't get lost under the garage as well as knowledge of moving from the Fairmount and Liberty buildings via the courtyard to the Lobby and Newton Restaurant for meals.  

We were introduced to the Chef of Newton- Agustin Gutierrez. When I asked him if he knows how to cook Filipino dishes, his answer was positive, because his wife is a Pinay.  Good news for my Pinoy taste buds.  Hopefully we will have A Filipino Dish in the near future ( adobo or pansit).  

The eight residents were given a chance to talk about themselves for 5 minutes and why they choose THD. The background and experiences of the new residents were varied and interesting. There's a woman pilot born in England, Writer/Journalist and Computer Consultant couple, A Nurse Manager, a former Stewardess, and a Family Physician- specializing on opioid addiction. Last but not least is myself-scientist and chemist for new drugs approval- a former FDA employee.

I told the group, I have written a 3-paragraph of my biography as well as of Phil Paris to be published in the September issue of the Herald- our THD Newsletter.  

We were given a personalized souvenir( see photo above) of this get together that was wrapped so beautifully I intend not to open it and keep it for posterity. 

All the new Residents are Happy with their New Home and hopefully our stay here will be prolonged by both exercising our minds and body whenever we can. 

Thank You THD Management for the nice Welcome. For me it's late, but as they say, It is Better to be Late Than Never.

My Quote of the Day: Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music---the world is so rich,  simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people.  Henry Miller, 1891-1980, American Author

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news for socializing and inter connected eac other and know your next door neighbours is great and have peace of mind

Anonymous said...

You reflect the person noted on your quote of the day. Did you introduce yourself to the residents as a prolific writer?

David B Katague said...

I did not. I told the group I am just a blogger! Thanks for your comments, Mr Anonymous,. I think I know who you are, but can you put your initial in your future comments. pLease! Have a Great Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hah. How did you know? You must be a clairvoyant. As I told you I haven’t been reading your blogs regularly these past several years. I’m now slowly going through them while on vacation not as an editor but a reader who tries to leave some kind words here and there. You’ve been quite the prolific blogger these last few months with your move, new friends/activities and family weddings. I’ll try to be less anonymous but will continue providing nice comments. Keep the stories moving. FC.

David B Katague said...

I guess who you are. I really appreciate your friendship and helpful comments. May you and your love one( MC) have a beautiful weekend. I hope I did not bore you with information overload. This month most of my postings will be in connection with Filipino-American History Month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...