WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, August 14, 2023

Knowing Your Fellow Residents- Aileyn Ecob- Part 6

This is Part 6  of my blog series Know Your Fellow Residents Here at THD. Today's blog features Aileyn Ecob.  Here's my on-line interview with Aileyn. 

     "I came to California in 1958 from the midwest.  I had my Dental Hygiene degree from the U. of Minnesota and my husband came to UC Berkeley for a master's degree.  As it worked out, we never left!
     Walnut Creek has been my home since 1963; we raised our sons here and I worked at Robert Burley's dental office, retiring in 1986. After retiring, we spent 20 summers in New York state and traveled from there to Europe, Africa, Bermuda, Canada, etc. each summer.
     I've had a lifelong interest in needlework.  I've done counted cross stitch, macrame, needlepoint, etc., etc.  In 1989, my sister introduced me to quilting  and since then I have developed an exclusive interest in creating art quilts, most of them with nature themes.  I'm a member of Studio Art Quilts Associated and have had several art quilts included in exhibits that travel internationally.  (You can see my quilts at Aileyn Ecob.com).
     The Heritage Downtown is my comfortable new home with friendly residents, excellent food and a great location.  What more can I ask?"

I was playing Rummikub with Aileyn a couple of weeks ago.  She mentioned her Quilt Exhibits along with her sister Jean Renzi Jurgenson.  

Here's  a reprint of some of her work  I found in the Internet. Their quilt-work is indeed a beautiful work of Art.  I'm proud to present here some her award-winning work for your viewing pleasure.     Here's the link: 

 http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com/2015/10/featured-artists-aileyn-renli-ecob-and.html

Globe Thistle, 40 x 22”, by Aileyn Renli Ecob



The colors, luminosity and intricate details drew us to this piece.  Aileyn Ecob says, "My inspiration is usually from nature — either a photograph or an original drawing. The strong colors and bold designs of flowers, fruit, vegetables and trees give me the inspiration for much of my work."  In Globe Thistle, dozens of individual star-shaped flowerets were cut free hand and machine stitched to the background fabric.


Aileyn often uses thread painting to heighten the realism of her work, as shown in the closeup photo below.  


Music of the Spheres, 48 x 24”, by Aileyn Renli Ecob 


This is the second in a series of works by Aileyn Ecob using the circle-in-a-square block. In Music of the Spheres,  three large overlapping circles emerge. The restful blue and teal hues and interesting textures are punctuated by magenta squares.  Aileyn's precise hand quilting emphasizes the curves in this piece.


Acorn and Oak Leaves, 25 x 20”, by Aileyn Renli Ecob


Aileyn says, "[This is] one of the first art quilts that I made. I experimented with paint on the background, acorn, and acorn cap. It’s hand quilted (and hand appliqued)."  In the background, trapunto leaves were achieved by dense stippling by hand around the leafy shapes. 


On The Oregon Trail, 40 x 55”, by Aileyn Renli Ecob


This dramatic wall quilt was inspired by a photo Aileyn took in Oregon, at a park memorializing the pioneers of the Oregon Trail. With careful fabric selection and needle-turn applique, Aileyn has captured the brilliant color and symmetrical form of the sumac, which is highlighted by the dark backdrop of the forest.  The background is enhanced with hand quilting.

Speaking of Art work, here's a link to Ditas, my youngest daughter Paintings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBtqoHNIhI
http://marinduqueonmymind.blogspot.com/2017/11/ditas-katague-art-show-grieving-thru.html
My Quotes for Today: Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars. Lester Louis Brown, b.1928-   American Journalist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice qoute of the day inspired when I woke up i n the morning...My best Regards,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...